The idea of this "community portal" section is to have a place for newcomers to understand the "rules" and how to work together on the Wiki. At least that's what I think it is for. It seems like a good idea, though, and before removing the menu option, I'll give it time and see what happens with the Wiki.
For us, it's a much better way to get information across then with difficult-to-maintain documents that get out of date rapidly. So, we're going to quickly be moving all our documentation and information to the Wiki.
But, the Wiki can also be really useful for anybody in involved with Treet. For example, I can imagine:
- Collections of resources related to each specific show, like logos.
- Contact details so people know how to reach others.
- Information which is useful to everybody (like sound check techniques) which may be better off here than on treetpro.
- Boilerplate for press releases and other text so you can make sure others can write accurately about your shows and activities.
- Pointers to inworld locations, websites, and other things related to shows.
So far, we love the Wiki and we're committed to making it our primary resource for exchanging information.